Whether or not you advertise your business, you still recognize how important Google is to attracting new customers.
According to the search engine’s own statistics, one in three consumers who use its search feature is searching with local intent. That is, they have something in mind and they want to find it nearby, whether it’s a pizza joint, oil change company or a caterer.
The Google My Business App, which is free to use, brings that power to your phone and much more.
Through it, you’ll be able to control your business marketing and manage your reputation—no matter where you are.
The app allows you to:
- Update your business name, hours and address
- Upload photos
- Encourage, manager and respond to reviews—much more quickly than through your regular social media channels
- Manage multiple locations from a single dashboard
- Get a variety of important insights, including where the customers are searching for you, your web site traffic and how many people are interacting with your posts
- Post special offers and discounts
- Get notified when people are talking about your business, so you can respond to them quickly
Because the listing is hooked directly in with Google, it’ll will give your customers a better idea of where you’re located, by showing you on a map. It’ll monitor and report busy times, too.
The App has been on the market for several months, and it is about to get even better, with filters for photo posts coming soon, along with support to post event flyers, special offers and additional information about products or special discounts.
Because Google is still the preferred search engine for consumers—accounting for as much as 90 percent of all internet searches—having the app is almost a no-brainer. It is free, so it could make the perfect gift for your business, just in time for the holiday season.
Have you tried Google My Business? What was your experience like? Let us know in the comments!